Air Brush Equipment

Decorating By trixie05 Updated 21 May 2012 , 3:57am by Polarcakes

trixie05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixie05 Posted 20 May 2012 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 7

What is the best air brushing equipment for a home licensed cake decorator to purchase? I've seen too many cloging problems, but I can't afford to spend too much. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2012 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 7

I think with airbrush systems, as with a lot of things, you really get what you pay for. Airbrushes themselves are precision equipment.

The red model from Kopykake is an good entry model, but don't expect a lot.

I use an Itawa compressor and a Paasche airbrush. Whole setup was about $450, and that was 10 years ago. It was a gift from hubby. As I didn't plan on doing a lot of airbrushing, I asked for the KopyKake model . . .

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 20 May 2012 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I think with airbrush systems, as with a lot of things, you really get what you pay for. Airbrushes themselves are precision equipment.

The red model from Kopykake is an good entry model, but don't expect a lot.

I use an Itawa compressor and a Paasche airbrush. Whole setup was about $450, and that was 10 years ago. It was a gift from hubby. As I didn't plan on doing a lot of airbrushing, I asked for the KopyKake model . . .

Leah, would you be able to tell us the model of your Paasche airbrush? Do you need anything additional to attach it to the Red Kopykake compressor? Thanks.

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 20 May 2012 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 7

I agree
with Leah! You get what you pay for. My Airmaster (the red one from kopykake) was destroyed a couple of years ago. I replaced it with a Grex system and I love it! The brush has a pistol grip which makes it easy to use. Expect to spend about $380-400 for airbrush and compressor. Grex has a website. Best price is at Chicago Airbrush online.

leah_s Posted 20 May 2012 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 7

I absolutely do not attach my Paasche to the KopyKake compressor. ::shakes head::

I'll have to go downstairs to look at the model. But it's 10 years old for sure. So far, had one needle replace and one professional cleaning.

leah_s Posted 21 May 2012 , 1:41am
post #6 of 7

The Paasche doesn't seem to have a model number on the box anywhere! It double action, internal mix.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 21 May 2012 , 3:57am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for looking Leah. The reason I asked about the Paasche using the Kopykake compressor is because of this youtube video. This cake artist uses that setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hwTamjy1A&feature=plcp

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%