Help Asap Please! Cupcakes On Cake Board ??????

Baking By dmfan71 Updated 20 May 2012 , 2:21am by WeezyS

dmfan71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmfan71 Posted 19 May 2012 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 7

hi

A friend wanted a cake surrounded by cupcakes so I have made everything...I dont have any cupcake boxes for transportation..and of course she has a good drive ahead of her...so I dont want to just put the cupcakes around the cake on the board without holding them down...I was thinking a dab of royal icing to hold in place? or any suggestions you may have.

or should they be put on the cake board when she gets to destination..although like I said I dont have a cupcake transporter thingy...lol

please help, she is picking up cake in an hour!!!

thanks so much!
Michelle

6 replies
alissan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alissan Posted 19 May 2012 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 7

put them in a gift box, like the ones that you might clothes in at christmas. It seems like I always have some laying around.

WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 19 May 2012 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 7

I recently did the same thing (the NE Patriots cake) in my photos. I just attatched the cupcakes with a dab of buttercream, and she put them on a flat surface in the back of her SUV and they traveled with no problem. I attatched them the night before .

teenaluiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teenaluiz Posted 19 May 2012 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 7

I always use a dab of royal icing to hold cupcakes in place for any cupcake cake

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 19 May 2012 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 7

I made a cake for my great nieces first birthday. I made a giant cupcake along with several jumbo cupcakes for the party. I transported them in a sheet cake box that I lined with non-skid material that you use for your cabinets. They traveled well over an hour with not a single cupcake moving from its original location.

dmfan71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmfan71 Posted 20 May 2012 , 1:57am
post #6 of 7

thanks for all the suggestions...I ended up putting a dab of royal icing and all transported well!!!!

thanks again!!!

WeezyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeezyS Posted 20 May 2012 , 2:21am
post #7 of 7

Great! I'm glad it all worked out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%