Savory Cupcakes...

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 19 May 2012 , 5:21pm by scp1127

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 19 May 2012 , 1:50am
post #1 of 3

So..not exactly 'cake' related...but I am planning my daughters birthday party...it will be candy themed..but for the actually food, I'm thinking it would be fun to make real savory food look like candy/desserts.... I have found a few recipes online (pulled pork cupcakes/pizza cupcakes/sauage rolls-to look like cinnamon rolls) I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this...I"m hoping i can premake these the day ahead...and thenjust reheat in oven for the day of the party (all recipes i've came across say serve immediantly).

But if anyone has anything thoughts/already tried recipes that are great/ please let me know!! Thanks

2 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 19 May 2012 , 11:12am
post #2 of 3

My last cupcake,and the first in my gallery, is a savory cupcake. It's a meatball with marinara sauce mix so it's more like a meatloaf in each. I made it the mix "wetter" with the tomato sauce so it wouldn't be all dried out during it's cooking. For the frosting I used mashed potatoes tinted pink!

You could also make individual macaroni and cheese in cupcake tins - no liner . I haven't done this but I would definitely make for even an adult party! Just don't overcook so it stays moist!

I think it's. Very fun idea! Good luck!

Theresa

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 May 2012 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 3

I have used my muffin and mini muffin pans for savory dishes many times.

For variety, think of all savory things that can go in a piecrust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%