Chocolate Fountain In A Cake

Decorating By Caketrainer Updated 21 May 2012 , 11:35am by Crazy-Gray

Caketrainer Posted 18 May 2012 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 3

i have a client that wants to know if it is possible to have 4 tier wedding cake looking like a mountain with a trail going round the mountain with a choclate river flowing down the sides of the cake like a chocolate fountain, she wants movement not just looking like it is a river, so this means the chocolate needs to recycle all night. any suggestions - is it even possible?

2 replies
leah_s Posted 18 May 2012 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 3

NO. I used to have a chocolate fountain biz, so I'm very familiar with them. You have to not only have a pump, but heat to make the chocolate flow. Also the motor in the pump has to suck air or it overheats (because the rest of the machine is a heater.)

Crazy-Gray Posted 21 May 2012 , 11:35am
post #3 of 3

I would think a good representation of a flowing chocolate river would actually make a better cake anyway; with modeling chocolate you could get good deep ripples and have the river skirt rocks, the splashing chocolate at the bottom of each waterfall would be great fun to model too. You could add jumping fish..... this has the potential to be a stunning cake with intricaies a flowing splashing stream of oily chocolate would take away from (in my opinion)
Id have some fun and do some sketches to try and change their mind icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%