Rapunzel Tower Cake

Decorating By jlkallred Updated 18 May 2012 , 6:41pm by unctoothlady

jlkallred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlkallred Posted 18 May 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a Rapunzel cake for my grand daughter and would like some suggestions on how to construct the tower. I've seen PVC pipe and ice cream cones but not sure how to get them to stay on the cake...I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

4 replies
FrostThis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostThis Posted 18 May 2012 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5

PVC tubing may be too heaving and ruin the base layer.

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 18 May 2012 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 5

PVC doesn't just sit in the base cake or else it would be top heavy and plop about. It would actually be screwed into a wood or masonite base and the cake would come up around it. I cut my base cake (notched out) a large enough section to slide the cake around the pipe and then just popped the cut out pieces back into place, iced and covered in fondant.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 18 May 2012 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 5

I used rice krispie treats with an ice cream cone of top for the tower. I put a poly dowel thru the center of the tower extending out the top to attach the cone and a few inches out the bottom to attach into a hollow plastic dowel (filled with candy melts ).

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 18 May 2012 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 5

A friend of mine made one and also used RKT to construct it. She got a thick dowel to place down the center. She actually traveled with it put together and it was very sturdy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%