*making Candy Taco Shells Out Of Candy Melts..??? Help!!!

Sugar Work By marion123 Updated 19 May 2012 , 1:37am by cubbycakes

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 18 May 2012 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 2

Hello, Thank you for your help.. I have a quick question, I am going to make candy taco shells out of candy melts.. I looked on Youtube and there was a great video of how to do it.. My question is, the woman on the video made the taco shell from tracing and filling a oval circle of melted candy melts and she put cut up cupcakes in the middle before she folded over the candy shell.. My question is, I want to make them inadvance, so can I put wax paper over the candy shell and then put the cut up cupcakes in the middle and then freeze them, then I want to take the wax paper out and add new fresh cupcakes. Will the wax paper come out of the taco shell easy with no problems? I hope this makes sence what I am asking!! Thank you so much!!

1 reply
cubbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cubbycakes Posted 19 May 2012 , 1:37am
post #2 of 2

Why put the cake in if you just want to take it out and put new cake in it? Couldn't you mold the shells over something ( like a folded piece of cardboard ) with the wax paper on the inside also obviously. Either way you are going to have to be really careful not to break the shell. If you just have a candy shell you shouldn't need to put them in the freezer, they should be fine in the fridge

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%