Making A Cake/cupcakes/cake Pops A Few Days Early...

Decorating By youngandwildandsweet Updated 17 May 2012 , 4:04am by blueskies4444

youngandwildandsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngandwildandsweet Posted 16 May 2012 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make either a cake, cupcakes, or cake pops for Saturday, but I need to make them today! They need to survive a 2-hour train ride tomorrow, and I would need to store them until Saturday (I think I will have access to a fridge or freezer). Would one of those hold out (or definitely not hold out) best? How can I set myself up for success?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 16 May 2012 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 3

I think a cake or cake pops would be your best bet. More than a dozen cupcakes might be more difficult to handle.

How many people are you needing to serve? Adults/kids? IMO cake pops would be the way to go since they wouldn't need to be refrigerated at all and you could carry them in a bag (individually wrapped) or a cake box (unwrapped). As long as they didn't get warm and melt, they'd be fine.

blueskies4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueskies4444 Posted 17 May 2012 , 4:04am
post #3 of 3

cake pops can last for several weeks and they taste just as good as the day they are made, so for lasting they are the best option probably. However, if left in the sun or a warm place, they will melt easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%