Horse Cutter For Topper?

Decorating By fcakes Updated 17 May 2012 , 10:37pm by fcakes

fcakes Posted 15 May 2012 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 14


I am planning to suggest this cupcake idea to a client but want to know where I can find the cutter used for the gumpaste horse on top so I can be sure of making it. And I have to make 140 of the horses so don't want to free hand or use a template since it has some fine details around the mane, legs etc.


Any idea on where to find it? Google search shows regular horses (not galloping like this) or rocking horse cutters. TIA!! icon_smile.gif

13 replies
Price Posted 16 May 2012 , 1:30am
post #2 of 14

I know Patchwork cutters have a horse cutter. Maybe a couple.

deb4oscar Posted 16 May 2012 , 1:39am
post #3 of 14

Go to and under carousel horse they have one that would work. Hope this helps.

fcakes Posted 16 May 2012 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 14

thank you! I did see the patchwork cutters on GSA but no galloping horse there.

Karen's cookies has this



Still not close icon_sad.gif Do you think the horses in the original pic were free-handed??

FrostThis Posted 16 May 2012 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 14

it may even be a cricut image.

Lynne3 Posted 16 May 2012 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 14

I am pretty sure that it is not a cutter. Looks like a silicone push mold. Most cookie cutters would be too large. And your picture shows some dimension.

Lynne3 Posted 16 May 2012 , 4:57pm
post #7 of 14

Found one that may work. It's a First Impressions mini fantasy horse silicone push mold

fcakes Posted 16 May 2012 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 14

thanks for your input icon_smile.gif hmm... didn't think about it being a cricut image... I don't have one either :-/

I looked up the mini fantasy horse and it has much more detail than the original pic... might just get that and charge accordingly... thanks for the help!!


shanter Posted 16 May 2012 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 14

See what you can find on this page:
If that doesn't work, go to and search for "carousel horse."

fcakes Posted 17 May 2012 , 12:29pm
post #11 of 14

THANK YOU shanter!!! icon_biggrin.gif I think I found 2 that come very close.... they are not too expensive either!!! For those interested, here are the links

Lynne3 Posted 17 May 2012 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 14

Okay, I think I found the exact horse cutter. Its a PME Rocking horse cutter

fcakes Posted 17 May 2012 , 10:37pm
post #14 of 14

OMG!! Lynne3 & shanter.... I so so appreciate your effort in helping me find the cutter! It's the exact same thing! Thank you so so very much!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%