Pics Of My First Sheet Cake.

Decorating By PattyDif Updated 16 May 2012 , 6:41pm by tigachu

PattyDif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyDif Posted 15 May 2012 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 11

Here are some pics of my first sheet cake. It was for my daughter's college graduation. It turned out pretty well! Everyone loved it! Delicious! I do need to work on writing with icing, though. And when I torted the cake, I didn't have the cake leveler set to the proper height and it torted towards the lower half of the cake instead of the middle. Learning curve! Know better for next time. Still, not bad for my first sheet cake!

The cake is the WASC cake recipe. I added rainbow sprinkles to the batter at my daughters request for a confetti cake. The icing is Bunny's Mock Shack's Buttercream Icing, an the filling is vanilla cream cheese mousse. I also sprinkled on some Wilton edible stars for sparkle. The diploma and grad is made from navy colored white chocolate using a grad candy mold.
LL

10 replies
PattyDif Posted 15 May 2012 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 11

The website is only allowing me to post one pic at a time. Weird. Here is number 2.
LL

PattyDif Posted 15 May 2012 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 11

Number 3.
LL

PattyDif Posted 15 May 2012 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 11

And the last one. icon_smile.gif
LL

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 15 May 2012 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 11

Nicely done! Your roses are beautiful.
Congratulations on your daughter's graduation icon_smile.gif

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 15 May 2012 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 11

I can't even remember my first sheet cake, but I'm sure it couldn't compare. You did a very nice job and your roses are great!

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 15 May 2012 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 11

Congratulations on your daughter's college graduation and your first sheet cake. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure your daughter was very proud!

I see that you have just recently joined CC...welcome! This is a great place to post pics of your cakes and learn a lot from fellow CC'ers also.

If you go to the galleries tab on the home page and click on upload photo, you can post up to 7 pics of your cake as well as give a complete description about your cake. It will then show on the main page under Newest Cakes where everyone that comes on will be able to see your cake and leave comments for you.

Hope that helps...and keep up the nice work! thumbs_up.gif

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 15 May 2012 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 11

Beautiful roses - sounds delicious! Very nice job!

PattyDif Posted 16 May 2012 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you everyone! The roses took lots of practice. I spent a couple of evenings just doing them over and over and over until I was happy with them. Then I froze the best ones in an airtight container until I was ready to place them on the cake. Freezing them made life so much simpler! Never would have thought of that before I joined the forums!

Srkmilklady, thanks for the advice on uploading pics. I will do that next time. icon_wink.gif Now that I have had a few days of recovering from the grad party, I am ready to bake another cake. Lol.

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 16 May 2012 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 11

I love your cake!

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 16 May 2012 , 6:41pm
post #11 of 11

You did an awesome job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%