Lorann Strawberry Flavor Oil??

Baking By missamylynn06 Updated 21 May 2012 , 4:44pm by scp1127

missamylynn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missamylynn06 Posted 15 May 2012 , 4:28am
post #1 of 6

Im making a 8in strawberry cake and wanted to add LorAnn Strawberry Flavor Oil to it, but I don't know how many drops to add to the recipe. If anyone knows a scratch recipe that calls for it that would be extremely helpful too icon_smile.gif

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 15 May 2012 , 10:09am
post #2 of 6

Just an idea, unless you get the natural flavor, the other will be adding an artificial ingredient to your scratch cake. There are instructions on the LorAnn site for this.

ConnieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieJ Posted 15 May 2012 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Just an idea, unless you get the natural flavor, the other will be adding an artificial ingredient to your scratch cake. There are instructions on the LorAnn site for this.

I agree with scp1127. My experience with different flavors of LorAnn oils is that there is unappetizing aftertaste.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:09am
post #4 of 6

I use pureed strawberries to get the natural flavor. You can use frozen strawberries year-round

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 21 May 2012 , 12:22am
post #5 of 6

If you have time to get it, I recommend Cook's Strawberry extract. It is natural flavors with strawberry concentrate. It tastes so much better than the artificial flavorings. I Add it to taste, maybe starting with 1 to 2 teaspoon in addition to Strawberry concentrate (made from frozen strawberries, recipe in the Cake Bible). depends on the amount of batter.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 May 2012 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6

I have a new recipe that is incredible... my new personal flavor and clients love it. It only has fresh strawberry puree (homemade) in the batter, as a layer on top of one of the buttercream filling layers, and in the IMBC.

This cake is so good that I'm putting on the muffin menu without frosting. So I'm a new fan of strawberry puree instead of my organic extract which until now, I thought gave the best flavor.

By the way, raspberry puree needs a lot more sugar than the strawberry. The strawberry takes very little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%