How Do I Make These Tiers?

Decorating By thelittlebakerboy Updated 14 May 2012 , 5:14pm by thelittlebakerboy

thelittlebakerboy Posted 14 May 2012 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 4

I am needing some help. I am doing my friend's wedding cake and it wasn't decided until 2 days ago what was wanted. I have attached a photo of exactly what they're wanting. My trouble... I've made tiered cakes before... but not separated and with the brown "block" in between them. I'm even having trouble searching b/c I'm not sure of the correct terminology for them. How do I go about creating the blocks? Can I make them or do I need to purchase? Can you point me in the direction of a tutorial already out there? Cake is due this weekend... and of course... starting to get a little nervous.

3 replies
Cakechick123 Posted 14 May 2012 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 4

I did a similar cake and used styrofoam that I covered with ribbon.

cakecraving Posted 14 May 2012 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 4

If you ask me they look like cake dummies which is styrofoam. Light weight & works great in between tiers. I agree just cover in ribbon icon_smile.gif Google cake dummies and you will get a hit, but I bought mine off ebay for less than 1/2

thelittlebakerboy Posted 14 May 2012 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

Omg... thank you! I've let the stress get to me and didn't even fathom that. I even have the foam on hand but it never occured to me. Thank you so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%