Calling All Grocery Store Bakers :)

Decorating By PrincessaTaira Updated 14 May 2012 , 1:24pm by pettycakes

PrincessaTaira Posted 14 May 2012 , 8:07am
post #1 of 3

I know I'm new and I feel like I have just been asking questions and not answering but I have a lot of questions. HA! Hope you all had a great Mother's Day. So I have a question for the grocery store bakers. When I was younger I used to get my cakes from Stop and Shop, icing amazingly fluffy and rich , strawberry filling excellent and fluffy cake. I now live hundreds and thousands of miles from a stop and shop, my question is does anyone have a good recipe for strawberry filling that they use at these types of stores? I have to use frozen strawberries. I have been able to recreate the icing ( shortening) and cake( light and fluffy) just looking for a strawberry filling recipe. ( if any former or current grocery store workers has a better recipe I wouldn't mind).Thanks, by the way I made an ahmazing cake this weekend,pics tommorow, have a great day, thanks for welcoming me so well.

2 replies
Baker_Rose Posted 14 May 2012 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 3

Anytime that I made a strawberry cake when I did work in a grocery store it was a clear red glaze that you stirred in fresh cut up strawberries. The glaze is the same that comes in the tubs in the produce section around strawberry season. They usually have it sitting next to the berries on the display.

At home I make a homemade strawberry filling with homemade jam and fresh berries or I cook frozen berries and thicken and then cool and fold in fresh berries. I'm sure there would be recipes on-line.

pettycakes Posted 14 May 2012 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

Wilton has a pretty good one also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%