Recommend Your Airbrush Machine Pls

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 15 May 2012 , 12:59am by sheilabelle

bluedaisies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 13 May 2012 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 6

I'm fixing to make my airbrush machine purchase, and I just want to make sure I'm getting a quality machine. I'm looking at ordering this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004L0AIDE/?tag=cakecentral-20
The reviews look pretty good on it. I don't want the Duff machine since I've heard some not so hot reviews with that one.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
 leah_s  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2012 , 10:10am
post #2 of 6

Honestly, at that price point for an airbrush, compressor and colors I wouldn't expect much. Good luck.

sheilabelle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 14 May 2012 , 11:56am
post #3 of 6

Hello - This is the airbrush system that I purchased about 1 year a go. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ESKYTE/?tag=cakecentral-20

It has worked very well for me. I have just recently bought the Aztec A4709 airbrush to gain a little more control. This airbrush cost as much as the whole system I first purchased. It was a great place to start and worked very well for my needs.

Hope this helps you out! icon_smile.gif

leah_s  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2012 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 6

I have a Paasche airbrush paired with a Iwata compressor. Hubby bought both for me, pretty much top of the line. I personally would not have spent the $, but have to admit, it's a sweet system.

bluedaisies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 14 May 2012 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys. Sheila bell, yours looks like the same one as in my link except a smaller package. I think I'm going to go with one of those to start out with, should meet my needs well. Thank you!

sheilabelle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 15 May 2012 , 12:59am
post #6 of 6

Good luck and have fun! Just remember "beware of over spray". I put down and old vinyl table cloth to cover my counter from the over spray. Also, beware of the colorful boogies. Inhaling the paint leaves rainbows in your tissues. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%