Birthday Is Coming Up ... What Should I Get?

Decorating By Piink Updated 13 May 2012 , 7:25pm by leah_s

Piink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piink Posted 13 May 2012 , 2:52am
post #1 of 10

So my birthday is coming up in a couple of months and I will have a $300 spending limit. ($150 from my parents and $150 from my boyfriend). I need to try and stretch my budget as far as possible.

I have a lot of cake pans and some tips. I still need some basic baking tools (I have some already, but I need some new ones) and I am getting them next week. Also getting flavors/fondant/gum paste/etc too. This stuff won't be included in my birthday gift.

I'm also a sale-a-holic. I thrive on clearance/sale items & 50% off coupons! lol

What should I add to my supplies? I'd like to plan everything out in advance so I know exactly what I will be walking into the store for and not leaving all the pretty sparkly things that I will never use! ;]

I'd also like to find a good book filled with cake recipes and decorating cakes. Any suggestions?

9 replies
Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:08am
post #2 of 10

I don't know if you have a good cake leveler or not, but you might want to consider checking into the agbay leveler. They have the original and they have a junior. My husband thinks it's too expensive, so I'm saving all our recycling monies and all change (coins) that I get when shopping so pay for it. It is on the high side, but well worth the price. I've had several of the inexpensive ones and they just aren't worth the headache and hassle any more. If it were my choice, it would definitely be an agbay. Ask Leah....

Piink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piink Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:29am
post #3 of 10

No, I do not have a cake leveler! That will definitely be on my list.

Thanks!

Gerle Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:37am
post #4 of 10

The agbay is only available online. You can google it and see what it looks like, but from what everyone has said, it is definitely worth the price and a piece of equipment you will not regret you purchased. I'm really looking forward to getting one myself!!

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 13 May 2012 , 4:51am
post #5 of 10

An Agbay for sure! I too didn't want to spend the money for the large size and was so happy to see that they now had a junior. Got it for Christmas and love, love, love it!! I wanted it because I was going to be making my first wedding cake...a 4 tier for my daughter who just got married last month. So I had some time from Christmas to practice and the Agbay was terrific...my layers were perfectly level! Definitely worth the money... thumbs_up.gif

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 13 May 2012 , 6:29am
post #6 of 10

I'm too lazy to look, but I'm guessing that an agbay is not even remotely like a henway ("oh, about 5 pounds").

Gerle Posted 13 May 2012 , 1:38pm
post #7 of 10

www.agbayproducts.com is where you can look at this wonderful product. Happy viewing!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 10

::runs into post::

Get an AGBAY!! You will thank us later. Best. Cake. Tool. EVER!

Gerle Posted 13 May 2012 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 10

See Piink....told ya to ask Leah!! She's agbay's unpaid spokesperson. And Leah, I wasn't trying to take over your "job", but just wanted to let Piink know that this was a good option to consider....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 May 2012 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 10

Oh, no problem. I'm also the unpaid spokesperson for SPS. icon_smile.gif

I speak up for good products and give equally loud opinions of products I don't like.

Agbay = FAB!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%