Chocolate Cake Variations

Decorating By yortma Updated 12 May 2012 , 2:51pm by yortma

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 5

I will be making a cake for a goodbye party for a colleague. I have been given free reign, except the honoree would like the cake to be chocolate. I have recently made a cookies 'n cream cake, chocolate cake with white and dark layers of ganache, and a chocolate orange cake for the same crowd at work. (They are very happy to test my experiments and have become my best critics!). For anyone who doesn't mind sharing, what other chocolate combos do you really like? I would only stick to my general rule of avoiding peanuts. Thanks!

4 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 5

Depends on who is in the crowd...chocolate Guiness went over very well, chocolate mint and a spicy chocolate (w/orange and a pinch of cayenne) but probably ANYTHING and chocolate would be adored; with my friends you could dip a sock in chocolate........

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

My favorite is chocolate Bailey's cake, with Baileys in the batter, and Italian meringue Bailey's buttercream to go with it.

Chocolate with anything is good, other than lemon. Lime works well, also mint. Too bad you can't do the peanut butter, that's a good one.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

My favorite is chocolate Bailey's cake, with Baileys in the batter, and Italian meringue Bailey's buttercream to go with it.

Chocolate with anything is good, other than lemon. Lime works well, also mint. Too bad you can't do the peanut butter, that's a good one.

Yes -yes-yes! Bailey's is my favorite and a real crowd pleaser.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all the ideas. I will try the Baileys. (It is an adult crowd). Sounds wonderful. And it is also new and different. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%