Ways To Distribute Contract/order Form??

Business By ncsmorris Updated 12 May 2012 , 2:32pm by costumeczar

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:17am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! I know there are some experts out there so I'm hoping you can help. I have a contract which is in PDF form. If the client and I are together, we can fill out the contract and sign it on my iPad (then I can save it, e-mail it, and/or print it). What I'm struggling with is when we are communicating electronically. I can send the client the PDF contract with fillable forms, where I have pre-filled as much info as possible, and they can fill in the rest, print and sign, and either scan or send it to me in the snail mail. This seems to work most of the time, as many people have a scanner these days but I'm wondering if there is a way to make this easier for those who don't have a scanner. So, how does everyone else handle this? I'd really appreciate your input! Thanks so much!

4 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:26am
post #2 of 5

Pure electronic signing solutions are available but they are probably overkill for what you need (Docusign starts at $15/month). If the customer doesn't have access to a scanner or fax machine, I think your snail mail option is sufficient.

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, Jason! It's good to know that sort of thing exists. I may need something like that in the future but I think you're right - it's probably overkill for me at this point.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2012 , 7:53am
post #4 of 5

I think those who don't own a scanner are used to going to FedEx/Kinkos.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 5

They can just mail it back to you, I don't think it's as big an inconvenience as you're worried about!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%