Square Cake Boards

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 12 May 2012 , 3:22pm by MaurorLess67

MaurorLess67 Posted 11 May 2012 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 9

Hi guys icon_smile.gif

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can buy square cake boards- the ones used under the tiers- the hobby stores only sell circles and the 11 x 15

I thought I had saved the information somewhere- but ... ugh I can not find it anywhere- so aggravating.


8 replies
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

If you're talking about cake drums (not corrugated cardboard), try P&H:

carmijok Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:27am
post #3 of 9

Make your own if you can't find any...it's cheaper. If I'm doing a board for under a tier I just use a thin cardboard square that I've covered with white freezer wrap that you can find in the grocery store. I like to cover it because
a) I may be using something that I cut out and it's not food grade and
b) I like that it won't soak up the buttercream and get soft and yucky. And yes, you can stick a sharpened dowel through it no problem.

If I'm doing a board for under the cake itself, I'll use foamcore and cover it with the white freezer wrap then I'll put a ribbon around the sides to hide any imperfections and coordinate with the cake.

sillywabbitz Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:31am
post #4 of 9

Dallas foam sells really great square cake drums but they're not on their website. You have to call and order them unless you happen to live in Dallas. I rarely see the actual cardboard ones for between tiers. I keep an eye out when I'm traveling and stock up. Honestly I hate cutting boards. I can't get them straight or nice edgesicon_smile.gif

MaurorLess67 Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:36am
post #5 of 9

I am looking for the corregatted boards for under the tiers- I would like to purchase as apposed to making them myself- 10 in /8 in / 6 in square etc I even need/ want the odd sizes if possible

I havebeen cutting my own and they are just not square enough- I always seem to be "off" somehow--- easier forms to buy - if I can find a store -ha

Thanks for the info

carmijok Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:42am
post #6 of 9

I've bought square ones before. I'm thinking it was Hobby Lobby but it very well could have been Michaels. One or the other. They come in groups of 6.

metria Posted 12 May 2012 , 8:07am
post #7 of 9

i get them from Hobby Lobby ... the packaging says it's "Sunny Side Up Bakery", but i think it's owned by Hobby Lobby.


saapena Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 9

I also buy my square boards at Hobby Lobby.

MaurorLess67 Posted 12 May 2012 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 9

THANK YOU for the info!!! Ordering right now! U guys are the best!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%