Your Opinion On Servings...

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 13 May 2012 , 4:55pm by sillywabbitz

CiNoRi Posted 11 May 2012 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 5

From what I have seen online is that the Wilton doll pan serves 12-15. First do you agree? To me it seems like it should be more.

I was planning to add another 9" round at the bottom of the doll pan and turn the cake into essentially a 2 tier cake. That being said, what would you expect the serving numbers to be? I have my guesses... but I wanted to see what you all thought before I move forward!

4 replies
Dayti Posted 11 May 2012 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

I use the same amount of batter as I do for an 8" round cake (6 cups of my batter), which for me is 20 servings. It bakes up to around just 1" under the top of the mold with my recipe.

sillywabbitz Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:46am
post #3 of 5

I think the official instructions call for a single cake mix which is always estimated to feed 12. But I agree with the previous poster that it takes more batter than that so you should get a few more servings. Will you be cutting the cake? If not, you may not get the right number of servings. Odd shaped cakes are difficult to cut consistently.

CiNoRi Posted 13 May 2012 , 11:17am
post #4 of 5

I am not cutting the cake. With the added 9 inch round I was hoping to get at least 30-32 servings.

sillywabbitz Posted 13 May 2012 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 5

A single layer 9 inch round gets between 12-16 servings. 16 using the Wilton wedding standard and 12 using the party size servings.
I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%