Fondant?

Decorating By DanielleRG Updated 14 May 2012 , 12:00am by DanielleRG

DanielleRG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 4

I am sure that these questions have been asked and answered but not sure where to find them.
1. Can a fondant covered cake be refrigerated or frozen? (It looks like the tv shows refrigerate them but I didn't think you could.)
2. How would you mail a fondant cupcake topper overseas without it getting ruined? Or getting sticky?
3. Once a cake is covered in fondant, how long is it good for?

thanks in advance!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2012 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4

1) On tv they have frig's that have nothing in them but cake items and - more importantly- they are NOT frost free.
Frost free pulls out moisture. If it is very warm/hot in the room the cake is going to be put in you *will* have sweating. Keep the cake in a cakebox and let it come to room temp UNcovered. DO NOT be tempted to ever touch a cake that is coming to room temp - no matter how much sweating there is. (That also goes from any coming from a fzr to room temp.) I have from time to time kept a fondant-covered cake in the frig and didn't seem to have any problems. And once I froze on - same thing.

2) I have NO idea icon_smile.gif Good luck. I really don't think it's possible.
3)A lot depends on the conditions - how hot &/or humid is it? As a general rule cake keeps about 5 or 6 days.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Posted 14 May 2012 , 12:00am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both so much for the info. It is greatly appreciated!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%