Help With Cake Decorating!

Decorating By CrystalCM Updated 21 May 2012 , 3:07pm by CrystalCM

CrystalCM Posted 10 May 2012 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 6

I am so glad I found this forum! It's great to see so many talented cake decorators in one place.

I have been looking for a talented cake decorator for weeks now, and hopefully I'll be able to find one (or more) on this forum who can help me out.

It all started when I got the bright idea to have some how-to articles (with pics) and/or videos of how to decorate birthday themed cakes for my website. Unfortunately for me, I can't decorate to save my life. So I'm trying to find some talented cake decorators who are willing to help me out, and I will gladly pay you for your talents and time.

If your interested, please PM me some examples of your work and we can talk details.

5 replies
jgifford Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 6

OK - you're going to have to provide more details. Is this for a how-to for the moms so they can do their own kiddos' birthday cakes? Are you going to provide cakes as part of a package?

As I continue to tell my children - - details, kiddo, details. (Nice website, by the way. Very colorful.)

CrystalCM Posted 10 May 2012 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 6

Yes it will be a how-to for moms, and I'm hoping to cover every theme I have on my site (which means it will be an on-going job since new themes come up every month).

Right now I'm thinking of doing three different type of cakes for every theme, a basic, advanced and expert. The basic would be something simple like a design on a cake representing the theme, the advanced would be a little more (maybe a tier level cake), and the expert would be the one where moms go "wow!" (would prefer an actual 3d image of the theme). This way moms can pick and choose which level of cake decorating (basic, advanced or expert) they want to try depending on how much time they have to decorate their own cake.

Since I want to add how-to articles, I'll need specifics of how everything was done, what items were used, pictures and/or videos so other moms won't be confused on how to decorate the cakes. I won't be including any cakes in the packages, but I'm sure I'll link to items that were used so moms can buy their own decorating tools.

Also, thank you for your kind words about the website. I'm constantly thinking of new ideas to add to it (which led me to this forum).

jgifford Posted 10 May 2012 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 6

So, in other words, you want tutorials on decorating. You could google them and provide links to youtube and different blogs. Unless, of course, you want one person to do all of them. Sounds like a big project - Good Luck.

CrystalCM Posted 10 May 2012 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 6

I've already searched around for some cake decorating ideas on certain themes, and not many sites have the detail that I'd like my site to have. It is a big project, which is why I'd like to hire several people to start and do a trial basis to see how things go. Depending on how talented they are, and the level of detail they provide will determine how many I hire to stay on permanently.

CrystalCM Posted 21 May 2012 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 6

I'm still looking for a cake decorator if anyone is interested. Please pm me if you are and we'll talk more in detail about pay, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%