What Type Of Clay Extruded?

Decorating By Sal2012 Updated 11 May 2012 , 3:06am by Sal2012

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 10 May 2012 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

Would anyone please tell me what type of clay extruded should I use to makegraduation cap tassels? I see lots of great ideas how to mortarboard?

Thanks!

4 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5

I use the makin's clay extruder (green). It has different 'tips' to use for different effects. Obviously, the ones with all the little holes could be used...or just the small round one and snip off what you need and put the strings together.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

I also use the makins green clay extruder.

Note: when you sre done, take it apart and clean it well. It's a snap to clean when the fondant/gumpaste is soft

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 10 May 2012 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

I use the makin's clay extruder (green). It has different 'tips' to use for different effects. Obviously, the ones with all the little holes could be used...or just the small round one and snip off what you need and put the strings together.

Ditto. If you are looking at other ones, make sure you do not get the type that you have to push like a hypodermic needle. Those are so much trouble especially if you get a little grease on them. The makin's clay extruder has a screw in type dispenser and work wonderfully.

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 11 May 2012 , 3:06am
post #5 of 5

Thank you to all! Group I'd great icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%