Pinning - Do You Need To Ask Permission Each Time?

Decorating By sweetideas Updated 9 May 2012 , 7:33pm by sweetideas

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 9 May 2012 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 4

Not sure where to post this question--may I assume if there is a "Pin It" button where I am looking at a cake pic it's ok for me to pin the picture on pinterest? It's a little late now, but for me, pinterest is how I organize my favorites by category I really don't care who looks at it. Just wanted to know if I should be asking permission by the cakemaker each time prior to pinning the picture? Thanks!

3 replies
Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 9 May 2012 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 4

i like to make sure I'm pinning it from the original source (ie not repinning someone else's pin IF THAT PIN isnt also from the original source) and I like to put the URL/original source in the comment section just in case icon_smile.gif

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 9 May 2012 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 4

Cakers post here knowing there is a pin button. So I think you can go on pinning as long as when you pin you give credit and it links back to CC.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 9 May 2012 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks. On some pictures there is no pin button so I wondered if people could choose not to allow it. But I am not familiar much with Pinterest, however, when I use the Pin button, it automatically links to the source, so that much is a relief. Thanks for your replies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%