Pre-Making Fondant Decorations, ? About Storage

Decorating By goeasycakes Updated 9 May 2012 , 8:02am by tifanny_8

goeasycakes Posted 9 May 2012 , 12:16am
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for Saturday that will be covered in buttercream but have fondant decorations. I'm also making cake pops for the same person and know both will take me alot of, I want to make the fondant decorations tonight or tomorrow and then store until I assemble the cake Friday night. How should I store them, was thinking between two sheets of wax paper and put in a ziploc. I'm worried they will get too soft but I suppose once I put them on the cake, they'll dry out a bit.

2 replies
DeniseNH Posted 9 May 2012 , 12:24am
post #2 of 3

Just did some. I placed mine on a sheet of waxed paper and they're sitting on my dining room table - tonight before I go to bed I'll place another sheet of waxed paper loosely over the top as a dust guard. You actually want them to set up a little - makes them easier to handle when putting them into place. Fondant items take weeks to dry hard and in the Spring there's a lot of moisture in the air which keeps the fondant soft (soaks up moisture like a sponge).

tifanny_8 Posted 9 May 2012 , 8:02am
post #3 of 3

I did mine on monday for a cake thats for friday.. I just put them in a cool a/c'd room/room temp to dry out.. they are already a bit hard to the touch and ready for deco on friday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%