Okay To Eat?

Baking By cindylou2 Updated 9 May 2012 , 7:06pm by carmijok

cindylou2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindylou2 Posted 8 May 2012 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

I use an icing recipe that uses heavy cream and a flavoured coffee creamer. I'm making cupcakes for a friend for Mother's day but have to make them on Thursday since I'll be going away. I know everyone says not to refrigerate cupcakes or they will dry out, so do you think the cupcakes will still be ok to eat on Sunday if they having been sitting in a covered container with those ingredients in the icing? I dont want to change the icing because this is the recipe she loves and I promised I would do it for her. I'm just worried about it spoling.

5 replies
clairesey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clairesey Posted 8 May 2012 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

Can you not freeze the cakes, get them out to defrost and frost them on the day..?

c
x

cindylou2 Posted 8 May 2012 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 6

No. She's picking them up on Friday and I'll be leaving to go away. No time to ice them on Friday since I'll be packing and running errands so I have to do it all Thursday night.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 May 2012 , 4:48am
post #4 of 6

With the heavy cream, is this a frosting that does not need refrigeration? It has to be heavy on sugar and low on cream to be safe.

cindylou2 Posted 9 May 2012 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

This is the recipe I use http://cakecentral.com/recipe/updated-french-vanilla-buttercream
I've read all the posts on there and she does say that she leaves it 24 hours without refrigeration but I'm wondering if it can go a bit longer.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 May 2012 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 6

You only have 2 ounces of whipping cream so it would probably be OK. Can you not freeze them? Freezing won't dry them out if they are covered properly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%