Lego Friends Olivia's House Cake

Decorating By Clarice1006 Updated 9 May 2012 , 6:18pm by Clarice1006

Clarice1006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clarice1006 Posted 7 May 2012 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 7

HI everyone

i want to attempt to make a cake "replica" of the Lego Friends "Olivia's House" (see attachment). i don't need all of the stuff in front of the house, i am more worried about the house details.

i think i'm ok with the actual cake part, but how would i make the windows/door/awnings & balcony? i was thinking to make these out of gumpaste & then "glue" them to the house. would this work?

anyone have any advice?

thx

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 May 2012 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 7

Your attachment didn't attach unfortunately, but your idea of using gumpaste decorations seems like a good one to me. Will the cake be covered in fondant? I think it might be hard to get the decorations to stay on buttercream. I would suggest you attach them with melted chocolate and if there are some side deocorations that are a little heavy (I'm thinking of the awnings here), put toothpicks or skewers in them when you make them that you can stick into the side of the cake to help hold everything on.

Clarice1006 Posted 8 May 2012 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

sorry i thought i did the attachment thing correctly.

thanks Marianna46 for your advice, the toothpicks is a great idea!

Marianna46 Posted 8 May 2012 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 7

You probably did do the attachment correctly, but they just don't always work here. What you can do is to go to the picture and copy the internet address at the top of the page and then paste it here. The picture itself won't show, but there will be a link to it that we can access. I'd really love to see what the house looks like. Toothpicks and skewers have saved my cake-decorating life on more than one occasion!

Marianna46 Posted 9 May 2012 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 7

Oh, wow, isn't that cute! Yes, definitely lay in a supply of toothpicks for all that decoration on the side and please, please, please post a picture of it when it's done.

Clarice1006 Posted 9 May 2012 , 6:18pm
post #7 of 7

i will post a picture when i'm done....hopefully it turns out like i hope it will.

thanks again for your toothpick advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%