How Do I Make This Flower?

Decorating By annakat444 Updated 14 May 2012 , 6:14am by judcreations

annakat444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annakat444 Posted 7 May 2012 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! I'm doing a wedding shower cake for this weekend and am planning to do a cake similar to this one posted by Kaiulani a few days ago:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2321118/classic-lulu

I have a few questions...

anyone know what type of flower that is? I don't necessarily have to do that same flower, but I want to do one big flower on the cake. Any tutorials you'd recommend? (for a newbie at gumpaste? I've done gumpaste flowers one other time...)

How many people would this cake feed? And how do you serve the bottom tier? I'm just wondering about logistics with that bottom tier. Looks awesome, but I envision a nightmare when they go to serve it, lol!

Anything special with the construction of the bottom tier since it's so tall - Is there support in it?

Thank you all for the help! I hope I'm not taking on a bigger project than I'm ready for, but I guess we'll see icon_wink.gif

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 7 May 2012 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakat444

How many people would this cake feed?

Here's the industry standard serving chart for the size cakes that you choose:
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakat444

Anything special with the construction of the bottom tier since it's so tall - Is there support in it?

Use a support system for every 4" of cake height.

When serving, it's sliced down to the cake board that separates every 4" of cake height.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 14 May 2012 , 6:14am
post #3 of 3

If I am not mistaken this flower can be made using the 5 petal rose cutter....I have done somthing similar.....trying to attach the cake photo..but seem to be getting an error.....will try later
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%