This Is Really Hard!

Lounge By jgifford Updated 8 May 2012 , 5:47pm by jgifford

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 7 May 2012 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 3

My dh and I work in different departments of the same company. We both just accepted transfers to another location. It's a lateral move for him, but a promotion for me, with significant increases in salary for both of us. This location has been the problem child for several years, so we know we're walking into a major disaster area (hence the "significant" increases).

We're going to be living in a 5th-wheel camper until our housing situation is resolved, and that means NO ROOM for anything. And since I'm not likely to have any extra time or energy at the end of the day for quite some time, I had to make the really tough decision to put all my cake paraphernalia in storage. icon_cry.gif

We spent all weekend packing. It took me FOREVER to get all my cake stuff in boxes. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do!

I'm a big girl. I know how the world works and I know there are things that you do because you have to. Usually I can suck it up and do the adult thing with no problem (well, not much anyway). But this really bothers me. A lot. *sigh*

So I've got 3 weeks to absolutely OD on everything cake before I become the occasional lurker. Keep those awesome, jaw-dropping creations coming, everyone. And my deepest gratitude to all of you for your inspiration, your advice and your generosity. Thank you so much!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 May 2012 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 3

Oh hon, I know exactly what you are going through!!
I did basically the same thing some 5 yrs ago. Then, just this yr had to get rid of almost ALL my cake stuff when I moved from the N. East back to CA. It is soooooo hard to let go of *your life*! but I did it.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 8 May 2012 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 3

I keep thinking of what kind of cake I'll make for such-and-such occasion. I've already turned down 4 orders. And my ds graduates from A school in Monterey in August. And mom won't have a cake for him! And I had such a neat one designed in my head. Wow, this is making me sniffle!

I know I'm not going to have time for cakes and I know everything will work out. But I also know I'm really going to miss it.

Thanks for understanding.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%