Contact With Client

Decorating By ANDaniels Updated 8 May 2012 , 11:54am by ANDaniels

ANDaniels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANDaniels Posted 7 May 2012 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 7

**Sorry was not sure where to post this**

I delivered my first cake that was ordered by a "stranger" yesterday!! (The jungle cake) I am DYING to know how it turned out... what is the appropriate method here.... so I contact her with something like "wanting to know how everything turned out" or wait for her to contact me?

6 replies
jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 7 May 2012 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 7

Congrats on your first 'stranger' cake icon_smile.gif
I usually follow up with an email or a text or something (depending on how the cake was ordered or what contact info I have, a lot of mine are through facebook so I go through there mostly or texts) and just say hi, hope your party was great or everything went ok something like that and I hope the cake was fine! Any problems please let me know etc etc I hope the person who the cake was for loved it and had a great birthday bla bla bla lol icon_rolleyes.gif

I love hearing about how the cake went down its my favourite part of business icon_smile.gif a couple of people have sent me thankyou cards with a photo of the birthday boy/girl with their cake which I've kept with the intention of making a little display area (even though I work from home lol)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 May 2012 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 7

It IS hard not knowing if they loved the cake or not BUT.... are you prepared to take 'the hit' if all was not well??
Usually not hearing anything means all was well. If they were unhappy you would have heard.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2012 , 3:40am
post #4 of 7

No news is good news. Really.

ANDaniels Posted 8 May 2012 , 4:37am
post #5 of 7

Ha! Thanks! I couldn't hold it in any longer and contacted her this morning... she said she was just about to message me *oops!* icon_biggrin.gif But they loved it!!! I am sooo happy!!!

As for if I was prepared to the "a hit"... LOL when I saw she had messaged me back I was scared to death to open it!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 May 2012 , 5:33am
post #6 of 7

Debi, for the first time ever, I have to take the opposing side.

In my years in marketing, statistics say that the majority of dissatisfied customers will not complain, but rather move on to a new vendor when the need arises again. But these same people will complain to those close to them, causing damage that the vendor will never know about or have the opportunity to repair.

It was found that given the opportunity, those people will discuss any issues, big or small if contacted or asked.

The plus side of having a PR policy of contact is that those customers, when allowed to express any concerns, and are ultimately satisfied, become a much more vocal advocate for your business. Confidence is high and they love to share a story of a bad, or mediocre, situation turned around for good. They are actually more likely to refer to your business than a customer who was satisfied from the beginning. People do expect to get what they paid for, so a good outcome is more easily forgotten until someone asks for the referral. The customer with a complaint made good is more likely to tell the story of how you stand your product.

This policy of contact after the sale is standard procedure in professional sales situations.

ANDaniels Posted 8 May 2012 , 11:54am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

This policy of contact after the sale is standard procedure in professional sales situations.

Thank you!! Great information... I am going to start sending out Thank you cards to orders over X amount. I feel that "snail mail" has a much more personal touch and when a person places that big of an order with me... I was to get a little personal icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%