Recipe For Key Lime Cupcakes Or Cake.

Baking By Kristinarepullo Updated 26 May 2015 , 12:40pm by jselle

Kristinarepullo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristinarepullo Posted 7 May 2012 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone have a good recipe for key lime cupcakes and/or cake? I have tried a couple and even though the taste was ok it didn't rise at all. The texture was gross and weird.
THANK YOU!

12 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 May 2012 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 13

I make mine by tweaking the standard WASC recipe: I substitute key lime juice for the liquid (or half water and half juice) and I put in a couple of teaspoons of grated rind. It comes out nice and lime-y and it still rises. One of the problems with putting citrus juice in a cake is that it neutralizes the whatever-it-is-in-the-baking-powder that makes the cake rise. If you prefer a scratch cake, you can do the same thing, but be sure to up the amount of baking powder and add a little baking soda, too.

Kristinarepullo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristinarepullo Posted 25 May 2012 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 13

Thank you so much. I will try it!!!

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 25 May 2012 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 13

I know you are looking for a cake recipe but I have a recipe for Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing that everyone loves. I use it on my margarita cupcakes....

Ingredients:

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
8 ounces cream cheese softened
2 tablespoons key lime juice
1 teaspoon key lime zest or lemon zest
4-5 cups confectioners' sugar

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 May 2012 , 4:02am
post #5 of 13

That sounds so delicious my mouth is watering. Can't wait to try it, cattycornercakes!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 May 2012 , 4:29am
post #6 of 13

I am fixing to try Tricia Yearwoods Key LIme Cake recipe. Just google it and see if it looks good to you. It does to me and i want to try it. I now will try the icing recipe that cattycornercakes has posted. That looks tasty to me!!!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 26 May 2012 , 5:34am
post #7 of 13

I tried her cake recipe and it did raise right. It sank in yhe middle after it came out of the oven. It was cooked through but I thought it was very oily. Try it and see what you thin as mine is only one opinion.

stufff33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stufff33 Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 13

A

Original message sent by Marianna46

I make mine by tweaking the standard WASC recipe: I substitute key lime juice for the liquid (or half water and half juice) and I put in a couple of teaspoons of grated rind. It comes out nice and lime-y and it still rises. One of the problems with putting citrus juice in a cake is that it neutralizes the whatever-it-is-in-the-baking-powder that makes the cake rise. If you prefer a scratch cake, you can do the same thing, but be sure to up the amount of baking powder and add a little baking soda, too.

aem1029 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aem1029 Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 2:45pm
post #9 of 13

I adapted mine from the lemon cupcakes on mybakingaddiction's blog.  It makes a really delicious, light and fluffy cupcake that is very moist.  The only issue I have is that my wrappers peel possibly because it is so moist.  I'm going to try to bake them an extra minute or two next time to see if that helps, but everyone loves them.  I have a keylime tree in my yard, so i zest about 4-6 depending on size and then juice them and omit the lime extract.  And i frost with a white chocolate buttercream...so good!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 23 May 2015 , 7:43pm
post #10 of 13

Wish they made key lime pudding! I suppose you could use key lime yogurt!

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 23 May 2015 , 8:28pm
post #11 of 13

I could swear I have seen key lime cake mix....I think it is seasonal? And I want to say it is pillsbury who makes it.   Perhaps that in a WASC method would be yummy.  

I just bought key lime curd at the store today, I am thinking perhaps a little project is called for.......

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 23 May 2015 , 11:09pm
post #12 of 13

Yum! I shall have to Google it!

jselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jselle Posted 26 May 2015 , 12:40pm
post #13 of 13

I've used this recipe for the last few years, and people love it. I typically make it as cupcakes rather than a cake, and I brush the cupcakes with some sweetened lime juice (available in the liquor department) before frosting with the lime cream cheese frosting included here. I also fill the cupcakes with lime or lemon curd. They are always a big hit!

http://www.blissimagesandbeyond.blogspot.com/2012/01/key-lime-cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%