Mini Sunglasses/beachball/towel

Decorating By mclean Updated 8 May 2012 , 3:35pm by Marianna46

mclean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclean Posted 7 May 2012 , 1:02am
post #1 of 2

My soon to be 6yr old daughter would like a water/splash birthday party and cupcakes to go along with that. I have seen some cute ones on the website that have miniature fondant sunglasses, beach balls and towels..amongst other things. I am wondering how to go about making these items? I would like the beach balls to look like "traditional" multi-coloured balls. I am also wondering how to produce striped "towels" from fondant. Is there any kind of a mini sunglass cutter out there?
Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 May 2012 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 2

I'm a total fanatic at making things like this, and I almost always do them by hand. I would hand mold the sunglasses and then paint the lens part with silver luster dust dissolved in vodka (or whatever you're favorite medium is). For the beach balls, you can cut out tiny lozenge-shaped pieces of fondant in different colors and you can put tiny circles at each end of the ball, in case the lozenges don't fit perfectly. To make striped towels, take (rather skinny and long) "logs" of fondant in the colors you want to use, lay them side by side and roll them out. You'l have a nice piece of striped fondant to cut the towels out of. If you have one of those stitch-marking wheels, you could put a seam at each end. Hope this helps some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%