Edible Image Printer Question

Decorating By SLongest Updated 15 May 2012 , 4:48am by KoryAK

SLongest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLongest Posted 6 May 2012 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 8

I am taking the plunge and buying an edible image printer. Does anyone have any suggestion on which one to purchase. I haven't a clue!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cubbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cubbycakes Posted 6 May 2012 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 8

I researched this a lot before finally deciding on canon mg5660. It had good reviews and was readily available at my local Walmart. I want to say a lot of people get the canon IP3600 I think it is. I have had mine for about 6 months or so, only used it a few times but have had no problems with it at all.

SLongest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLongest Posted 6 May 2012 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for yout insight! I am looking at the Canon printer. I know that i won't use it a lot, but I have a cake coming up in which it would make things ALOT easier! Plus, the last time I needed to have an edible image, I had to go to the grocery store. Thanks again!!

cubbycakes Posted 6 May 2012 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 8

No problem... And correction, I meant I have canon mg5220. The other plus is I think it was only about $70

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 9 May 2012 , 11:55am
post #5 of 8

If you only use this from time to time, do you have any problems with the print heads blocking between use?

cubbycakes Posted 9 May 2012 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 8

you are supposed to run it atleast once a week so the ink doesnt dry out or something but I had a few months between the first time i used it and the second and i didnt bother running it at all...i had no problems.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 May 2012 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 8

We recommend that you only purchase a printer if you are going to use it about once a week. Otherwise it is not cost effective. People sell prints all over ebay to help those who do not have their own printer. Never let anyone tell you otherwise as they are just trying to make a sale!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 May 2012 , 4:48am
post #8 of 8

I do love my canon ip3600!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%