Insurance For Home Business

Business By pieceofcake561 Updated 8 May 2012 , 12:10am by pieceofcake561

pieceofcake561 Posted 4 May 2012 , 5:05am
post #1 of 5

I'm looking into getting insurance for my at-home bakery. Not quite sure where to start though. What kind of insurance will I need other than liability & how much should I expect to be spending? Thanks everyone! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MimiFix Posted 4 May 2012 , 11:43am
post #2 of 5

Talk with your home insurance agent first about having a business in your home. Then ask if they also sell business (liability, or vendors') insurance. If not, find out who they recommend.

karateka Posted 6 May 2012 , 12:04am
post #3 of 5

I got mine through The Hartford. Allstate wouldn't insure my home if I was running a business there, so I switched my homeowners to USAA (didn't realize I was eligible before) and they referred me to The Hartford for the business. I pay about $350 per year.

ajwonka Posted 6 May 2012 , 3:19am
post #4 of 5

I pay $500/yr through Hartford. Here It's based on your gross income.

pieceofcake561 Posted 8 May 2012 , 12:10am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! Very helpful recommendations. At least now I have a place to start from icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%