Silver And Lavender Color Cakes

Decorating By icer101 Updated 4 May 2012 , 1:21pm by JamAndButtercream

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 May 2012 , 12:18am
post #1 of 2

Hi, my friend is going to make sheet cakes and a 2 tier cake for a christian event. She is going to make enough to feed 1000 people. she wants the 2 tier to be like a center piece between the sheet cake. Again, the colors are lavender and silver and maybe a little bling. Can you all help me to help her with some ideas. tia She doesn,t want a wedding looking 2 tier cake. What can she put in the middle of each square cut cakes. Litttle flowers , i and she know, what else?

1 reply
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 4 May 2012 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 2

So its for a Christian event and she's making sheets and a square two tier cake that's lavender and silver, that's going to have flowers on, have I got it right?

There are some ideas,
1. You could have a quilted effect on the cake, like this,
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/25863947@N05/2819932255/
but have edible diamonds in the criss crosses instead of pearls for bling.

2. You could use Christian elements on the cake, if it for a Christian event, for example crosses.

3. You can bling out the cake with edible glitter, dragees, shimmer sprays etc.

4. If you're putting flowers on the cake, way not bling them out! You could tip the edges of the flowers with the edible glitter!

5. You could use different things to flowers, you could use big silver button dragees, big silver heart shaped dragees, silver glittery stars, edible fondant butterflies etc etc.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%