Cupcake Bake Sale

Baking By sweet_tooth_0710 Updated 3 May 2012 , 5:05am by scp1127

sweet_tooth_0710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 3 May 2012 , 2:36am
post #1 of 7

I am a hobby baker and I am having a cupcake bake sale on Mother's Day weekend. I already cleared it through the local heath department, so no worries there icon_smile.gif I am donating all the money earned to a dear friend of Tue family who has cancer. So, needless to say, I want to sell as many cupcakes as possible. I plan on having multiple flavors, but I was also considering maybe doing a few small cupcake bouquets to maybe appeal to the Mother's Day crowd. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has any other advice about how to sell more cupcakes. icon_smile.gif
Thank you!

6 replies
Mikomomof4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikomomof4 Posted 3 May 2012 , 3:42am
post #2 of 7

attack everyones weakness. kids!! you should definitely do something that appeals to the children. maybe even the ice cream cone, bright colors, fondant flowers, stars, colored sugars. when a kids see's another kid with one, they will be tugging on their parents to buy them one. okay i have 4 kids and i personally would not like that tactic but if i was at the bake sale it would be expected to have my kids shaking me down for a cupcake. good luck!

sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 3 May 2012 , 3:49am
post #3 of 7

That is a wonderful idea!! I can't believe that never even crossed my mind when I have two little ones that are CONSTANTLY hasseling me for something loaded with sugar! thank you icon_smile.gif

sweet_tooth_0710 Posted 3 May 2012 , 3:50am
post #4 of 7

That is a wonderful idea!! I can't believe that never even crossed my mind when I have two little ones that are CONSTANTLY hasseling me for something loaded with sugar! thank you icon_smile.gif

Mikomomof4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikomomof4 Posted 3 May 2012 , 3:55am
post #5 of 7

i have 2 boys 2 girls. make sure to have some that appeals to the boys also. those parents won't know what hit them!!! its evil but for a good cause.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 3 May 2012 , 4:37am
post #6 of 7

offer a value for buying more. If one cupcake is $2, then have a box of 6 for $10. Make it easy for people to buy more!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 3 May 2012 , 5:05am
post #7 of 7

I agree about the kids too. In my retail location, I had to put pink food coloring in my vanilla IMBC because the kids want the pink one or the green one.

Another thing I have learned about selling in quantity... go basic. I mean choclate, vanilla, red velvet, banana, etc. These are the ones that sell. When you want to sell the most, forget the fancy flavors that show off your skill.

Good luck with your sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%