Fondant Vs. Fridge

Decorating By bakessweetmemories Updated 2 May 2012 , 4:54am by bakessweetmemories

bakessweetmemories Posted 2 May 2012 , 4:22am
post #1 of 3

I really need some advice. I am making a cake for a Communion Party this weekend for a friend. I need to bring it to her the night before the Communion. It is a Chocolate cake filled with Fresh Strawberries. frosted in SMBC and decorated with fondant roses that have been brushed with petal dust. If I put this cake in the fridge, what do you think will happen to the roses? Will they get soft? Will condensation cause water marks on the roses or worse, will the petal dust run? icon_cry.gif Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
MacsMom Posted 2 May 2012 , 4:42am
post #2 of 3

They will be perfectly fine. All of my cakes are fondant and all go in the fridge.

The only issue I can think of is that the color from the roses or petal dust may bleed onto the SMBC? I don't know because I have never used fondant on anything but fondant - but I have never had any issues with colors bleeding, even with pearl dust, so it's not likely.

You can't put the roses on after the cake has been brought to room temp?

bakessweetmemories Posted 2 May 2012 , 4:54am
post #3 of 3

Thank you MacsMom. I agree with the idea about putting on the roses after the cake reaches room temperature. However, it is a family only party and I won't be able to put the roses on for her. I don't think it's a good idea to leave the cake out of the fridge over night, is it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%