Any Idea Where I Can Get Fondx Samples?

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 3 May 2012 , 7:48am by sweettreat101

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 2 May 2012 , 2:17am
post #1 of 5

I tried to contact the company that makes Fondx but they told me they don't offer samples but could send me a 2lb tub for $5 + shipping. (who knows how much that'll be California to Wisconsin. YIKES!) It's for a wedding cake and I would like to see their ivory color. There's no way I'm ordering a 10 lb tub without seeing it first. Thanks!

4 replies
mandm78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandm78 Posted 2 May 2012 , 2:39am
post #2 of 5

Try locating a cake supply shop in your area. Mine does carry fondx and they have samples of it in small plastic containers. They even display the samples near the cash register. Or ask them if they would be willing to open a container for you to sample. Worth a try.

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 2 May 2012 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 5

Fondx is good stuff! But if you can, I would try the Michelle Foster's Updated Fondant recipe here on CC. It is awesome! And this is coming from a once faithful Fondx user!

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 2 May 2012 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 5

I want to buy fondant because I really want to make sure it's all one color!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 3 May 2012 , 7:48am
post #5 of 5

This is their ivory fondant with PME pearl spray. The spray just made the cake pearl like but didn't alter the color. I loved working with their fondant. I still have some left if you want to PM me your info I wouldn't mind sending you a sample. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2058394/evelyns-quince-cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%