How Do I Cover 3 Layer Cheesecake?

Decorating By SweetDelights2613 Updated 2 May 2012 , 1:23am by SweetDelights2613

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 1 May 2012 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 8

I am planning to bake 6 inch 3 layer Cheesecake. Any baking/timing tips because I am using 6 inch baking pan? Also I should use crust on bottom & 3rd layer? Any suggestions how should I cover the cheesecake?? with buttercream or stabilized whipped cream frosting??

Please Guide Me...

Thanks in advance!!
[/list]

7 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 1 May 2012 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 8

What do you mean by a 3 layer cheesecake? Are you trying to make a 3 tiered cheesecake? Or are you just making a 6" round cheesecake that will be deep/high? I'm confused by the question. Maybe I could help if I understood better.

SweetDelights2613 Posted 1 May 2012 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 8

My friend want me to make 1 Layer of Oreo, 2nd Layer New-style & 3rd Layer Oreo Cheesecake. I usually bake cheesecake in 8inch baking pan but I will be baking 1st time in 6 inch so wanted to know If i should bake for less time? No tier cake just simple cheesecake with 3 layers but she wants me to decorate like regular cake so i am very confuse what kind frosting i should cover with?

hope this will help.....

THANK YOU!!

MsGF Posted 1 May 2012 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 8

You can use buttercream to decorate it if you wish. I use 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate melted and mixed with 1/2 cup sour cream. It spreads well and when it is cool it firms up enough to even pipe with it. You could also use chocolate ganche. Either one will cover well and you could add extra details with either buttercream or fondant. Both will work out well. Good Luck, sounds yummy!

I would bake it for less time. My 6" cheesecake recipe says to bake for 35 minutes. But you will need more time if your layers are deeper. I would keep an eye on it at around 30 minutes.

MsGF Posted 1 May 2012 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 8

On my website I have 2 cheesecakes. One decorated and one covered in fresh fruit. They are beside each other. The decorated one is dark chocolate with pink piping and drop flowers in the shape of a heart, and it says Love in the center of the heart. I first decorated in with the melted chocolate and sour cream, then added buttercream details. All photos are on the bottom of the first page. Just click to enlarge.

www.TeriLovesCake.ca

Hope that helped.

SweetDelights2613 Posted 1 May 2012 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 8

I appreciate your help & thanks for sharing the recipe. Last question i should make 1st & 3rd layer with crust & middle layer without crust. Please share your Facebook page info if you don't mine.

THANKS A MILLION!!! thumbs_up.gif

https://www.facebook.com/FiasCreations

MsGF Posted 1 May 2012 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 8

I only put a crust on the bottom layer.

I don't have a facebook page and at this time I don't think I want one.

Good Luck with your cake, I'm sure it will be great.

SweetDelights2613 Posted 2 May 2012 , 1:23am
post #8 of 8

Thanks a million!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%