Glycerine

Decorating By suzied Updated 4 May 2012 , 9:04am by Chellescakes

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 1 May 2012 , 10:39am
post #1 of 6

Hi can someone help me please. I needed some glycerine and i was told i can get it from the local supermarket (woolworth)since the cake shop didnt have it . they sent me to the cosmetic isle and i found glycerine there. Brand is FAULDING (remedies). My question is, is this the same glycerine that we put inour cakes, fondant? a quick response would be appreciated. THANK YOU

5 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 1 May 2012 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

I found this link for you, Its NOT food grade,
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071107095822AAshwoD

HTH icon_smile.gif

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 1 May 2012 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 6

In theory, glycerol (to use the Geneva name) is glycerol. It's all 1, 2, 3 propantriol.

In practice, unless glycerol is labeled for food or internal medical use (or is "chemically pure" grade), and particularly if it is specifically labeled "for external use only," it should be assumed to contain contaminants that don't belong in the human body.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 1 May 2012 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 6

No - Fauldings is not what you want ... sometimes you will get it from Coles, Woolworths or IGA - try Spotlight [if you have one], otherwise a cake decorating shop ... I get mine at a caterer's warehouse ...

Queen makes one
http://www.queen.com.au/products/show.php?categoryid=5 ...

Formynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Formynana Posted 2 May 2012 , 2:14am
post #5 of 6

If you have a Walmart in the area, in their Celebrations department they have wilton items you can find it there icon_biggrin.gif

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 4 May 2012 , 9:04am
post #6 of 6

In woolies in the cake decorating aisle you should find it with all the other Queen essences . I think it has a yellow label.

I am sure that is where I got it , Woolies seems to have a better selection of Queen products than Coles does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%