Google Saved My Sanity Lol...

Lounge By BarbaraM0809 Updated 2 May 2012 , 6:04am by BarbaraM0809

BarbaraM0809 Posted 1 May 2012 , 5:05am
post #1 of 8

Yeah so I've been sitting here with my pregnant sister talking about life and love and tonight's episode of "Two Broke Girls" when she gets a major craving for cake...Mind you, this is not a normal craving, but one of those all consuming cravings that only someone who has been pregnant can understand (I have a 4 year old so I do lol). Well, we're at her house in the middle of B.F.E. and nowhere near a 24 hour store. Check the pantry and there's cake mix yay! Check the fridge and no eggs, check the oven cupboard and no oil boo! icon_cry.gif By now my sis is about to cry and just eat the mix out of the box icon_eek.gif So, I hop on Google and find a blog that says just to mix the cake mix and a can of crushed fruit and bake like normal. So I did it and it came out amazing! thumbs_up.gif So moist and fluffy, we used a triple chocolate mix and crushed cherry pie filling. Topped with a couple of jars of marshmallow fluff and she is now one happy momma to be icon_rolleyes.gif Well, the point to my ramble is that sometimes simple is better, especially at midnight lol thumbs_up.gif Have a fantabulous night everyone, I'm gonna try to sneak another bite lol...

7 replies
MimiFix Posted 1 May 2012 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 8

What a sweet post, thank you. Hope your sister is well!

kakeladi Posted 1 May 2012 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, that recipe has been around for years nowicon_smile.gif I'm thinking it was originated by WeightWatchers but not sure on that.

BarbaraM0809 Posted 2 May 2012 , 3:06am
post #4 of 8

yeah it was a diet blog that I had seen it on lol...she ate almost half of a 9x13 pan before I stopped her lol...it's something I'll definitely be trying later on since it's better for you than regular cake icon_biggrin.gif

SammieB Posted 2 May 2012 , 3:42am
post #5 of 8

I only had one all consuming craving like that when I was pregnant, and it was 3 am for strawberry shortcake. icon_smile.gif I literally could not go back to sleep, If it hadn't been 19 degrees out I would have been to the grocery in a heartbeat! I ended up convincing myself that I could wait a month for my baby shower and sent emails to my hosts immediately. I finally fell back asleep 2 hours later, only to fitfully dream of cake. icon_smile.gif I'm so glad you had an immediate solution for her!

BarbaraM0809 Posted 2 May 2012 , 6:03am
post #6 of 8

Lol yeah if I hadn't found that she might have been trying to bake a cake with just water icon_eek.gif She just messaged me and said she has a craving for Godfathers taco pizza and olive garden salad and breadsticks! icon_confused.gif I had to remind her that I am now 3 1/2 hours away at my house and it's 1am and I am nowhere near either of those places even if it wasn't so late...I swear I don't know if either one of us is gonna make it these next 2 months with our sanity intact lol icon_lol.gif Especially her poor hubby with his late night beef jerky runs lol icon_rolleyes.gif

BarbaraM0809 Posted 2 May 2012 , 6:03am
post #7 of 8

Lol yeah if I hadn't found that she might have been trying to bake a cake with just water icon_eek.gif She just messaged me and said she has a craving for Godfathers taco pizza and olive garden salad and breadsticks! icon_confused.gif I had to remind her that I am now 3 1/2 hours away at my house and it's 1am and I am nowhere near either of those places even if it wasn't so late...I swear I don't know if either one of us is gonna make it these next 2 months with our sanity intact lol icon_lol.gif Especially her poor hubby with his late night beef jerky runs lol icon_rolleyes.gif

BarbaraM0809 Posted 2 May 2012 , 6:04am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieB

I only had one all consuming craving like that when I was pregnant, and it was 3 am for strawberry shortcake. icon_smile.gif I literally could not go back to sleep, If it hadn't been 19 degrees out I would have been to the grocery in a heartbeat! I ended up convincing myself that I could wait a month for my baby shower and sent emails to my hosts immediately. I finally fell back asleep 2 hours later, only to fitfully dream of cake. icon_smile.gif I'm so glad you had an immediate solution for her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%