Duff Air Brush System

Decorating By cakesage Updated 10 May 2012 , 9:55pm by shanter

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone purchased the Duff's Airbrush system? If so, do you like it? I see it at Michael's and was wondering if its a good system/investment.
Thanks

5 replies
ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think it is worth the money even with the coupon. I would think it would be handy to carry on a cake delivery if you need to do any repairs or touch ups. Below are some side feed airbrushes which I think are good. I think the first one is the one that Roland Winbeckler uses.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/A4709.aspx

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/masside.aspx

cakegurlkia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegurlkia Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 6

I am new to using the airbrush ..and I bought the Duff airbrush system from Michaels.I got for 50% off with the coupon. I think it works fine for me being a beginner with no experience with airbrusing. It's easy to use, and clean. It also does a wonderful job covering the cakes that i have covered with it. I'll post them in my gallery (Elmo and the Roller Skate ). Maybe once i'm more experienced I'll look into upgrading.

ImSweetOnU Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ImSweetOnU Posted 2 May 2012 , 1:49am
post #4 of 6

I can't seem to find a price on the michaels site how much is the duff machine?

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 10 May 2012 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 6

I recieved a Duff's airbrush for christmas last year )DH is a good man ) anyway I have just recently gotten around to using it and am having a few issues with the amicolors and wilton colors not clogging up to sprayer :/ not very happy with that. I have been told that you can use vodka to thin it but have issues with using it, I don't drink for one and I really don't know the effects that it has from using it! I know that they say it diapates but I am concerned serving cakes that I apply color to for children and persons on medication. Is there something else I can use or a site that would help me understand this better? Anything you have would help out.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%