Sleeping Baby Dressed Up As Monkey?

Decorating By snoopy76 Updated 30 Apr 2012 , 7:52pm by snoopy76

snoopy76 Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone! after a 5 year hiatus on cake decorating I'm gonna jump back into it again and need to know if anyone out there has thought about doing a sleeping baby dressed up as a monkey model. I had in mind something like an Anne Geddes type using a sleeping baby mold and dressing that up in a monkey costume. I don't own my own mold yet and I'm not very talented when it comes to models, but if anyone knows of something similar you can point me to or if anyone would like to give this little cutie a try please let me know! I have checked out the galleries for ideas and came across a few, but have yet to find something quite like this. Maybe someone has some pics of something similar?

6 replies
Momofjaic Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 7

Flourpots that is super cute!

snoopy76 Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 7

Oh! I really like those models! Thanks Flourpots for posting that! It does give me a great idea for a model and the body looks fairly easy to make. It's the babyface I have the most problems with.

FlourPots Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 7

No problem...

Here's something along the same lines, where the decorator used a mold for the faces/heads...very, very cute!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1948803/1940128/dress-up-babies

snoopy76 Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Flourpots and cubbycakes! Those are exactly what I had in mind. Now I'm itchin to try an idea that came from seeing those pics. If they turn out decent I'll have to post em! Wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%