Cookie Monster Blue???

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 29 Apr 2012 , 10:58pm by sweettreat101

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:41am
post #1 of 4

I have a cookie monster cake that I have to do using the grass tip for hair... I have 2 question's..

What will be the best colors (brand too) to mix together to get the perfect color for cookie monster??

Also, what consistency do I want for the grass tip?? The other time I have tried it the icing didn't want to come out of the tip and it kept clogging and was really hard on my hand... I use a 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening buttercream..

3 replies
trebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trebakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 4:55am
post #2 of 4

I made a similar cake for my son's b'day in feb.I used Wilton's navy and added a touch of black to it. I let it sit overnight and didn't have to adjust the color at all.

The tip kept clogging and I wiped it with a damp paper towel. My hand was tired when I fininshed but the cake looked pretty good. I posted a pic on the Wilton forum about feb 10 or 11. I am trecur on there. Take a look and I'll answer any questions you may have, HTH.

It's in the life celebrations section.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

I used royal blue and a grass tip for my cookie monster cake. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2110786/cookie-monster

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 4

The butter cream recipe I use is 1 1/2 cups of shortening and 1/2 cup salted butter, 2 pounds powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons clear vanilla and 1/3 cup water. Add a little extra water for a softer consistency. Just remember butter is less stable than shortening especially in warmer weather.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%