New Wilton Cake Products!

Decorating By HamSquad Updated 30 Apr 2012 , 6:52pm by unctoothlady

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:14am
post #1 of 11

Has anyone tried any of the 20 new items yet? I received an e-mail from Wilton today and was I surprised with the new items that are coming out. If this info has been posted, sorry! I searched the forum and didn't find anything! TIA

10 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:47am
post #2 of 11

I saw some new products in my local Walmart and they actually looked good. I'm always and forever saying how totally inferior W products are, but the gumpaste molds in particular looked good. And they have some pastels in pre-colored fondant. The tool to draw lines on the side of the cake is kinda silly, but with a % off coupon might be a good purchase.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 2:17am
post #3 of 11

Yes I've bought a couple of the new molds. The fern one, the cupcake one and the alphabet set. Haven't tried any of them yet but I'm excited to give them a try especially the alphabet set.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 2:33am
post #4 of 11

I found it kind of interesting that the bench scraper tool has rounded edges. Am I the only one that sees a problem with that.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 2:41am
post #5 of 11

Nope, I fell for it too , before I realized that the plastic handle of the bench scraper gets in the way of its leveling ability.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 2:42am
post #6 of 11

Thanks for posting this. Had no idea that wilton had new fondant/gumpaste moulds. The sea life one looks awesome.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 3:41am
post #7 of 11

Wilton also came out with 2 lb. packages of red and black fondant. I like Wilton for modeling things. I like the consistency and it dries quickly.

DivaJai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivaJai Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 3:54am
post #8 of 11

The cupcake liners seem to stay bright as promised. I Like them but would like to see some plain colored ones. I bought the cake smoother thingy but haven't used it yet and a package each of red and black fondant for modelling purposes but haven't opened them.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 5:43am
post #9 of 11

Thanks so much for responding! I now know what to ask for, Mother's Day is coming up. I really would like to try out the new fondant molds.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 11

I also bought 2 of the new silicone molds today. For the price you can't beat it even if you only use them a few times.

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 30 Apr 2012 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 11

Some of the products, in my opinion, aren't much different from some of the techniques and tools I currently use.

Like the icing smoother---------------->Bench Scraper
The Piping Bag filler-------------------->A tall glass works really well
The fondant smoother doesn't seem any different either.

But some of the other stuff....VERY COOL! I want that measuring tape!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%