Silver Leaves Help Please!

Decorating By PattyDif Updated 2 May 2012 , 8:56pm by icer101

PattyDif Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 7

I'm decorating a cake with theme colors navy blue, silver and white. (college colors). The cake will be white, borders and flowers will be navy blue, and I am planning on putting silver leaves on the flowers. I understand AC Moore and Michaels sells silver foil leaves. I looked in both stores and cannot find them. Are they in a different part of the store than the baking area maybe and I didn't see them?

Any ideas for silver leaves?

6 replies
Chellescakes Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 7

I just did a cake , where I actually silvered my leaves using edible silver leaf , they looked awesome. It wasn't even that difficult to do on the leaves. The entire bottom tier however was another story lol . There are pics in my gallery of the cake if you want to have a look. It is the one with the calla lilies.

icer101 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 7

I think you would find the silver or gold leaves , that you are mentioning in the wedding department. Michaels has the cans of silver and gold spray now. You could make them from fondant and then spray. hth

PattyDif Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 12:54am
post #4 of 7

Thank you Chellascakes and Icer101! I'll check out the wedding section in the craft stores. I'm still a beginner to cake decorating so I'm a little intimidated by fondant. I'll need to play around with it first. Your cakes are amazing!

DeniseNH Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 2:44am
post #5 of 7

In a pinch, I've actually made my own. Cut out a leaf shape from aluminum foil, then put the leaf in a silicone plastique double sided leaf mold and press. Works beautifully, especially when you only need a few.

PattyDif Posted 2 May 2012 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 7

I found silver leaves! icon_biggrin.gif I was at my local cake supply store buying coloring for icing and saw them! So happy!

icer101 Posted 2 May 2012 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 7

I am happy for you, PattyDif!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%