Art Deco Wedding Cake

Lounge By zman5874 Updated 28 Apr 2012 , 4:09am by soozicake

zman5874 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zman5874 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 3:37am
post #1 of 2

This is my first post on the forum (aside from introduction) and really this cake is the reason I ran accross cake central to begin with. I've always done strictly buttercream cakes because of a bad experience with wilton pre-made fondant back when I started decorating. As such its my first attempt at fondant and really if this cake could have been done in buttercream I probably wouldn't have discovered fondant as the great medium it really is. The cake is a 12-10-8-6 dummy and is only decorated on 2 sides since it was done just for pattern/color/medium testing. My client has seen the pics and approves the design and colors, but it is still at my discretion to make any changes I see fit. I personally like the cake as it sits and have had a blast doing it. The real cake is'nt due until may 12th so I have time to play with things if need be. So now I bring it to you for any critique you may have and perhaps suggestions or view points. I have to give a nod to Ron Ben-Isreal for the original design that I borrowed from for some of this cake ( the client emailed me a very poor quality picture and after 2 evenings of searching the web I found it was one of his) I never copy someone elses work, but I did, as I said, borrow some of his basics. So thank you sir, should you happen to run across this.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2316798/art-deco-wedding-1

1 reply
soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 4:09am
post #2 of 2

Nice job, I love art deco. Client should be extremely pleased with that cake. Gotta love Ron Ben-Israel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%