While taking a break...

Business By QTCakes1 Updated 28 Apr 2012 , 7:02pm by QTCakes1

QTCakes1 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 1:55am
post #1 of 7

I found something that drives me CRAZY!!!! As we all do every now and then, checking out the competition's sites, I come across a phrase I just will not ever understand over their photo gallery:

"THESE ARE IMAGES OF CAKES I CAN DUPLICATE"

Really? icon_confused.gif
None of these photos are YOUR cakes? icon_confused.gif
Well all righty then. tapedshut.gif

6 replies
ajwonka Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 2:23am
post #2 of 7

Crazy! Surely potential clients pick up on the fact that she neither posts her own pictures nor designs her own cakes!

myxstorie Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 7

O_O

Anyone who buys from them would have to be crazy. I get nervous when people try and send me photos of cakes they'd like replicated, not only because the cake isn't MY design, but because these photos are always absolutely immaculate. I know there are plenty of talented decorators how there who can produce beautiful work, but cake isn't perfect, and I'm CERTAINLY not perfect. Even if I know I COULD reproduce the picture I don't like knowing that they already have such high expectations given the (relatively cheap) prices I charge. ;/

QTCakes1 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 7

I wonder about the customer thought process as well when they something like that. I just think it is a crazy thing to do!

vgcea Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 7

I think customers who order based on that type of information deserve whatever kind of cake they get. Surely it's not hard to buy a dummy cake, make your own version, and use that for the pics. The decorator gets to practice, see if indeed he/she can duplicate the cake, and have his/her own work on the site.

Norasmom Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 7

Potential customers need to check out the cakewrecks website...what is pictured is not what is always replicated... icon_biggrin.gif

QTCakes1 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom

Potential customers need to check out the cakewrecks website...what is pictured is not what is always replicated... icon_biggrin.gif

I totally agree! My favorite cake wrecks is when they show the photo of the cake that was requested and then they show the cake that they got. Priceless entertainemnt! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%