Scroll Patterns

Decorating By rollin-in-the-dough Updated 28 Apr 2012 , 1:16pm by AnnieCahill

rollin-in-the-dough Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 4

There are lots of cakes in the gallery section with a scroll pattern. I'm trying to figure out, what is the best way to achieve this? Is there a pattern that I can use or do most just freehand? Thanks!

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 4

Wilton makes some scroll pattern presses. There are also some stencils available.
Then you can make your own presses, but piping w/royal icing on a piece of slightly harder plastic or cardboard. ( You want the backing to be firm but not unbendable.)

rollin-in-the-dough Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 4

Great! Thank you kakeladi!

AnnieCahill Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 4

I always do them freehand. It's basically s and c motions with flourishes. If you go to YouTube you may be able to find some videos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%