How Do I Transfer A Finnished Cake To A Finished Board

Decorating By heycanada Updated 27 Apr 2012 , 4:03pm by AZCouture

heycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycanada Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I am planning to complete a cake this weekend and forsee one challenge. I would like to transfer a partially finnished 9 inch cake to a covered & imprinted 14x14 cake board. I'm wondering how to do this without damaging the cake or the imprint on the cake board.

Any ideas?

Thank you
E.

5 replies
cubbycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cubbycakes Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 6

can you just decorate the 9" cake on a 9" board (or trimmed slighlty smaller than 9" if you need to) then just sit that onto the 14x14 board you have prepared?

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 6

use a cake board then lift with a spatula, fondant scraper, or cake lifter to transfer

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbycakes

can you just decorate the 9" cake on a 9" board (or trimmed slighlty smaller than 9" if you need to) then just sit that onto the 14x14 board you have prepared?

^^do it this way^^

Not sure what you mean by "partially finished". You could also freeze the cake until it's firm enough to handle and move. 30 minutes or so should do the trick.

heycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycanada Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks ladies,

I was thinking about a trimmed cake board but was concerned about it being visible (the border will be small beads).... Although when covering the cake, I suppose I can cut the fondant at the base of the trimmed board to hide it.

Thanks again and I welcome more input!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 6

Make the board a few days in advance so it is rock hard and you can't smush it. Put the cake in the freezer for a few minutes to stiffen up the outside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%