Part Brown, Part White Wedding Cake Ideas, Please!

Decorating By MerlotCook Updated 2 May 2012 , 10:08pm by MerlotCook

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a double color wedding cake and I can't seem to find any ideas. There's one that has been posted recently, where it has brown on 3/4 with a chocolate drizzle and then the other side is sweeping white fondant. This is actually what the bride sent a picture of, but she wants it smooth with flowers. Does anybody have any ideas? I have been through pages and pages in the gallery and cannot find any! TIA!!

5 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have a link or pic of the cake idea she sent you?

MerlotCook Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 6

It's the one from this post: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-742293.html . Not the exact design she said, but she likes the "swoop" of colors together.

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 6

Ah! Ok! I just couldn't imagine the cake before I saw the pic.

So she wants the cake brown and white, like that one, but she wants the brown flat without the chocolate drips and instead of the flowing white fondant she wants white flowers.

There are some of my ideas,

1. Cover the whole cake in brown fondant. Then instead of the swoop of white fondant, use white edible flowers in the swoop fashion.

2. Cover the whole in brown fondant. Hand paint dark brown flowers on the brown fondant, with maybe some gold highlights on the painted flowers. Then instead of the swoop of white fondant, use white edible flowers, start with smaller flowers at the top of the cake, gradually increasing in size as they go down the cake, and add a little brown highlight inside each flower and a little gold highlight to correspond with the brown hand painted flowers.

3. Cover the cake with brown fondant. Swirl the white flowers around the cake.

4. Cover the cake with brown fondant. Put the white flowers on the front of the cake, running from the top to the bottom, in a "waterfall" style.

Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 6

If you go to the galleries and do a search for "half and half" you'll find a bunch of ideas. HTH

MerlotCook Posted 2 May 2012 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for your help and ideas! This cake is proving to be quite challenging already!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%