Royal Icing Plaque Question....

Decorating By grumpypiggy316 Updated 25 Apr 2012 , 2:15pm by grumpypiggy316

grumpypiggy316 Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hi...I've made a birthday cake for my daughter and as per her request she wanted just a whip cream frosting. I've make royal icing character plaques so that I could put her favourite characters on the cake. I will be using edible marker and painting (with wilton edible icing colours mixed with vodka) on these plaques. Because the cake is frosted with whip cream, I have to store it in the fridge...will there be any harm in these plaques if I placed them on the cake one day before the party in the fridge...i don't have a lot of time to place the plaques right before the party as it's a family dinner on a weeknight and I have to work up until an hr before the dinner...pls help and let me know your thoughts..will the plaques soften and disintegrate, will the markers/paint run due to moisture in the fridge...greatly appreciate it!

2 replies
DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 3

The plaques will be fine in the frig overnight. If you're concerned about them 'meltting' on the icing, smear a little melted chocolate or additional royal icing on the back of the plaques to act as a barrier.

grumpypiggy316 Posted 25 Apr 2012 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Diane! Phew!

Quote by @%username% on %date%